Does modern technology confuse you? Astounded by the internet? Do you want to take part but don’t know where to start? Then the CareCo How To… Guide series is here to help!
Love it or hate it, social media is one of the quickest ways of connecting with your loved ones, particularly those living outside of the UK. Previously we’ve shown you how to create your own Facebook account, the world’s most popular social media website. If you feel you’ve got to grips with how it works and are looking for something a little different then today’s blog outlines the benefits of using other sites, each easy to use and designed to connect you with others.
With 1.49 billion monthly users, Facebook is officially the most popular social site worldwide. From its humble beginnings it’s grown into a top platform for news, with many companies using it to release their latest information. But how can it benefit you?
- Connect with friends and family: Free and easy to use, Facebook is one of the best ways of keeping up-to-date with your loved ones, no matter where they live.
- Share photos, videos etc.: Post information about your life and let others know what you’re up to.
- Status updates: Received some good news? Want to share it? Then post it in a status update, the simplest way of letting a large group of people know what’s happening.
- Chat with others: Similar to past social media sites, Facebook features its own Messenger function, ideal for those times when you want to talk to a friend or family member privately.
- Personalise your account: Worried about keeping your information safe? Facebook allows you to change your account’s security settings to suit your needs.
- Play games online: With a wide range of games and puzzles available, Facebook is the ideal way of having fun online. Play with friends or strangers from all over the globe and keep your mind active!
Why not follow CareCo on Facebook? Keep up with the latest news, product releases, and enter our monthly competition!
Looking for a quick way of keeping up with the latest news? Then Twitter is the site for you!
- 140 character limit: Unlike any other social website, Twitter only allows users to post updates in 140 characters or less, keeping statuses short and sweet!
- Share with millions of people: Follow friends, relatives and even celebrities via Twitter. Popular with a whole host of famous actors, chefs, television stars and many others, Twitter is the best way of getting a glimpse into their lives.
- News updates: When a huge national/international event occurs, Twitter is typically the place where the news breaks. Keep up-to-date by creating an account and following your favourite broadcasting channels such as BBC, ITV and Channel 4.
Why not follow CareCo on Twitter?
- Online scrapbooking: Enjoy scrapbooking at home? Then why not try Pinterest’s online version. Create your own personlised pinboards and get crafting!
- Inspiration: Collect recipes, arts and crafts ideas and so much more via Pinterest.
- Follow others: Connect and follow others all over the globe, collecting a huge range of inspiration and things to try out.
View CareCo’s range of boards on Pinterest today.
Finally, if you’re looking for a more business-orientated social site then Google+ is ideal.
- Personalised newsfeed: Create a profile and personalise your settings to ensure you’re getting the latest updates suited to your interests.
- Join in: Explore topics, follow others, join communities and connect with others.
- Similar to Facebook: If you’re already an avid Facebook user then you’ll find Google+ just as easy to use.
- Friend circles: Add friends and family and organize them into your own Circles e.g. close relatives, friends abroad etc.
Stay connect with CareCo via Google+.
Next time: how to use Click and Collect services.