Summer is upon us (even if it may not feel like it quite yet) so why not make the most of the warmer weather and longer days and get outside? Whether you venture out with your children, grandchildren or friends, getting outside, breathing in the fresh air and soaking up the sunshine are great ways to boost your mood, and will make you want to do so again and again. Today we bring you three ways on how to get active with your family and friends this season, whether you venture wide or stay close to home.
Visiting your local park or beach are both great locations for yourself and the children to let off steam and burn off built-up energy. Whether you’re able to get involved with their games or you sit and watch, being in the sunshine for just 10-15 minutes a day is long enough for your body to absorb the sunlight to create Vitamin D, vital for keeping your bones healthy. However, remember to take sunscreen with you and apply it regularly, and try to sit in the shade between 11am-3pm to avoid the midday sun (and potential burning).
While getting involved is great you may feel it’s not possible for you, especially if you suffer from mobility issues. If you feel unstable when walking why not purchase a walking stick or triwalker to help you on your way?
- Folding Walking Stick Glow Grip (£9.99): This ergonomic, folding walking stick is not only incredibly sturdy but is fitted with a glow-in-the-dark handle, helpful for when it gets dark. Weight limit: 21 stone (135kg).
- Walking Stick Umbrella (£24.99): Don’t want to carry both a stick and an umbrella? Then why not purchase the Walking Stick Umbrella! Its ingenious design combines both so you’ll never get caught out again.
- EasyLite Tri Walker (£44.99): The EasyLite’s aluminium frame is lightweight enough for everyone to manage, while its basket, shopping bag and tray enable you to use it indoors or out and about. Weight limit: 20 stone (130kg). Product weight: 12lbs (5.5kg).
- Ultralight Tri-Walker (£49.99): The Ultralight’s adjustable handles ensure you’re able to customise it to suit you, while its loop brakes are ideal for users suffering from arthritis or dexterity problems. Product weight: 12lbs (5.7kg).
Be A Tourist!
Why not take advantage of what’s around you and visit some of the UK’s best landmarks? Whether you visit your local heritage site, a petting farm, a zoo, or maybe even travel to London, there’s plenty to see and do up and down the country. Sight seeing is a relaxing and fun way to spend time with the grandchildren, especially if you can teach them something along the way.
- CareCo Glider (£49.99): Fitted with a padded seat and backrest, the CareCo Glider is ideal for taking a break on whilst you’re adventuring outside. Plus, with its underseat storage you’re able to keep all of your essentials safe. Maximum weight: 21 stone (135kg).
- Drive Diamond (£109.99): This easy to use, lightweight aluminium rollator is ideal for folding up and storing in your car. Maximum weight: 21 stone (135kg). Product weight: 1.3 stone (8.5kg).
Want to stay closer to home? Why not get the grandchildren involved in a spot of gardening? This gentle yet effective activity is great for developing dexterity in your wrists and hands, while it encourages little ones to continue their learning outside. Our Ergonomic 4 Piece Tool Set (£34.99) is a brilliant starter kit for anyone looking to go green, while our range of long-reach products enable you to prune and tidy without bending and straining your back.
Need to stock up on seeds and plants? Look no further than CareCo Gardening, where you’re guaranteed to find the best products at low prices.
Brought to you by CareCo, the discount mobility experts you can trust.