Though we might not have seen any winter weather on the same scale as the blizzards that have recently swept over the east coast of the USA, the last few weeks have certainly brought a chill to the UK.
When freezing temperatures start to creep in, the elderly and very young can be very vulnerable. Keeping warm is absolutely vital – not only will it keep your immune system in great shape for fighting off colds and flu, but warmth can be especially soothing for those who suffer with poor circulation or regularly feel the strain of sore joints and muscles. Some people, especially those who live alone, may not be able to afford to keep their central heating on all day, or simply might not have a central heating system installed in their house. There are, however, other ways to keep warm without breaking the bank or inefficiently warming a whole house. Below, we break down a few CareCo products designed to keep you warm and comfortable in the house.
Heated Products for the Home
- Kenmure Leather Heat and Massage Riser Recliner (£549.00 with VAT relief): The Kenmure offers the usual benefits of a top-of-the-range riser recliner, but with an added heat and massage function to really step up the comfort level. Perfect not only for relief to sore and aching muscles, but also for warming up on those chilly winter days.
- Infrared Heated Blanket (£29.99 inc VAT): The cold weather can really play havoc with your circulation, especially if you already suffer blood flow-related problems. This Infrared Heated Blanket will keep you warm and cosy, and the FAR technology is shown to improve circulation, relieve muscle pain and help to rebuild injured tissue. There’s only a 12w consumption level too, so it’s a viable alternative to leaving your central heating on all day!
- 800W Floor Standing Halogen Heater (£17.99 inc VAT): If you spend the majority of your time in one room and don’t want to inefficiently heat the whole house, this 800W Floor Standing Halogen Heater could be the perfect way to keep warm. Portable, safe, and easy to store, the halogen heater employs energy efficient radiant technology that will heat you rather than just the air.
- Deluxe Massage Foot Warmer (£32.99 inc VAT): The extremities (your hands, feet and head) are the most vulnerable parts of the body when the cold really starts to creep in. This luxurious massage heater is fleece-lined and features two powerful motors for separate heat and massage control.
- Boden with Heat and Massage Swivel Recliner (£159.00 inc VAT): Swivel recliners offer a more contemporary take on the traditional riser recliner, with a more streamlined and modern style. The Boden also offers a heat and massage function to keep you warm and relaxed, which can be especially comforting for those who experience soreness and stiffness in their muscles and joints during the colder months.